Has anyone had a water birth?

My birth center offers it, and I was just curious what it's like.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had one but was considering it... i saw a video about it on babycenter.com and it looks pretty relaxing
    DesignDiva21

Answer by DesignDiva21 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Very relaxing, pain is much less and much less likely to tear while pushing.
    BabyBoyBlue

Answer by BabyBoyBlue at 10:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I WISH my hospital would allow a water birth! I did the whole labor in the hot tub, but had to get out to deliver :( If I had stayed in a few more minutes I would have had no choice but to deliver her in the tub. I say go for it since it is allowed, I would defnatley!!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes, I did. Actually, I had TWO! :-D

The first was 7 years ago today, lol!

It was so great on many accounts, sigh... Relaxing, weightlessness, serious pain relief, freedom to move, a gentle "massage" as the water moves over, the distance/privacy between me and ANYone looking at my crotch! hehe. It was nice!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2009