what to do if my dog ate wood??

Suprisingly there isnt any info in this matter elsewhere but my 7 month old dog chewed and ate wood yesterday and is now starting to dry heave and cough....she threw up some splinters yesterday but is stll dry heaving... help!!!

AmandaPina703

Asked by AmandaPina703 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pets

• call a 24/7 vet in your area and ask them
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 10:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• First of all, one of my dogs eats wood all the time. He also eats rocks and pretty much anything, but he has never had dry heaves or a cough afterwards. It sounds like she probably has splinters in her throat which need to be taken out. You don't want them to get infected! What kind of wood did she eat? Was it just like a tree branch, or was it wood off of furniture?
    mommyk0106

Answer by mommyk0106 at 4:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would definitely speak with a vet. If there are some splinters of wood caught in the throat that could cause major problems. If no splinters....I have one word for you.....Fiber.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009