I am so tired and just ready to give up

I have a 4yr old autistic son and a 4month old daughter.Everything is a fight with my son.Its causing alot of stress in my marriage.I just can't keep it together any more.I feel like a horrible mother.I feel so depressed,like there is this huge weight pressing down on me and i just can't get back up anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Hey momma! You sound like you need a break and maybe a hand with your son. Are there any programs in your area for autistic kids? I know in some areas there are aids-specially trained-that go to homes to work with kids like your son. I would call your pediatrician and ask. Or, if you have a childrens hospital near you-give them a call and ask about their programs. Wouldn't hurt.

Do you and your dh get any time together? Seems like you could use a day off.....
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I m sorry you feel like this you are not a bad mom things must be tuff. is there an early intervention program that you can sign up with maybe get some respit care so you and dh can have a break?
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 9:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Don't give up.. I know its easier said then done but for the sake of your kids.. find the inner strength that you didn.t even know you have.. It will all get better i promise you...

I have a friend of mine who has 3 year old fraternal twin girls. One is autistic and the other has down syndrome.. she is by herself.. their father hasn't been in their lives since they were a few months old... So many times I've seen her break down ready to give up on everything but somehow she gets back up and keep on fighting... she told me that looking at her girls.. the way their little personalities just blossom... their innocence.. just give her the power to go ahead and work extra hard to keep them happy healthy and safe..... dont give up on your babies
    DesignDiva21

Answer by DesignDiva21 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• hugsHave you checked to see if CM has a group for moms with autistic kids? I just read Jenny McCarthy's book about kids with autism. It's worth checking out at your local library. She says that changing his food can change things dramatically. I don' t have an austistic child but if I did I'd try anything that might give me a break.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2009