Sad and need advice

today i got home from the hospital today with my newborn, and my 2 year old son doesnt want me even if im not holding the baby.....i feel so nglected.....ill put him on my lab while ill hold the baby and hell give he baby a kiss on the forehead but nothing for his momma....i feel so unloved.....any advice

Mamaof2boys0709

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you are no longer his main attention get over it and enjoy it bc after a couple of day the new born becomes old news and he wont want to share his mommy with him anymore. my DD did the same thing and now the baby is 1 month old and she could care less about him he isnt anything new to her and she has went back to her old ways of being up my butt she is 4.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• First, remember that it's not a purposeful attack on you. Your son is only two and is dealing with a huge adjustment the only way his toddler mind knows how. Give him a few days and he will come around. His world has just got turned upside down. And second remember that your hormones are raging now after giving birth so you are a little extra sensitive too. It's going to take the whole family a little bit of time to adjust.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It will go away. Don't get upset. He'll come around. My kids are 19 months apart and now my son wants me told him while I'm nursing my daughter. It makes it tough though. Make sure you give him more attention otherwise he's going to get jealous of the baby. My son gets more attention than my daughter. (for now)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think he'll def snap out of it bc kids go through so many little phases. this is sure to pass just be happy for him that he is happy and loves your new little one.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• your lil boy is taking in the new baby, and i would say your hormones are raging. Its normal to be a little worried about everything. Take your son out for a mommy day like one day a week or something. When i came home with my first baby........LOL i was like all weird and stuff. I thought the house was haunted, was just hormones i guess.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My 22mo Emily was the same way when we brought Autumn home. She even woke up in the middle of the night and threw a fit until I let her see her sissy. Just reassure yourself that just like a full nights sleep, your child's love will return and everything will be alright. Best of luck to you and your expanded family!
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009