Is there any way to ease the pain?

I am 22 weeks pregnant, and my hip pain is so bad I have to double over! It isnt constant but it is horrible when it comes, which is probably 4-5 times an hour lasting about a min each, or less. My doctor told me its normal, but I didnt have it with my DD. Is there anything I can do to ease it?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 10:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try tylenol and drink plenty water. try to rest on a side that doesnt hurrt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• When I had this issue, I would take a hot bath, or get in the shower and let the hot water run on it. Besides that, you coulg try Tylenol PM. It takes the edge off the pain.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 11:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It could be sciatica. You can try making sure your roll out of bed so you don't put strain on your hips. You can try getting on hands and knees and do a "catch stretch" to relieve pressure and encourage baby to move to a more comfortble position. You can do a pressure point massage on yourself with a tennis ball by sitting and pressing it into the hip area for a few seconds. Pelvic tilts might help by relieving tension. Also buttock stretches (you'll have to lie on your back). Also, I know it is hard, but try not to waddle...focus on your posture and walking heel toe rather than plodding like a duck.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2009