Is eating potato and egg too often bad? (taquitos)

I love fried potato and egg wrapped up in a tortilla with a cup of freshly made coffee in the mornings...mmm!!!
But is it bad?

Potato/Eggs/Tortilla

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would say yes. I think eating anything fried, everyday, can't be too good. And, it doesn't sound like a balanced breakfast. I know what you mean though. I used to be the same way. What I do now is I make a baked potato in the microwave, or I boil it, I use mostly egg whites, and if I really need to I add in a yolk (just for color), then I add in tomatos, red onion, sometimes shredded cabbage, avocado, and any other vegetables (although tomatos and maybe avocados are fruits right?) I can find, and I eat it in a white corn tortilla. Love it! And I still enjoy my cup of coffee. Don't know if that is much healthier, but I know I am getting more vitamins.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It should be ok, just use a little bit of oil to fry the potatoes or bake them the night before and just heat them with the eggs or in the microwave.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It's a lot better than other options! Use EVOO to fry the potatoes, have some fruit with it, use tortillas that are high-fiber, maybe an ounce of cheese or container of yogurt...and you'll have a pretty square start to your day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Everything can be bad for you when consumed EVERY day
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• use sweet potato and a whole grain tortilla.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009