Has anybody heard of the new rear facing carseat law?

my mom heard that beginning november 1st there will be a law stating that all kids under the age of 2 must be in rear facing carseats. Anyone else heard of this?

Addisyns_mommy

Asked by Addisyns_mommy at 10:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rear facing? For what state is this mandatory??? I think thats great, its safer but Golly if my 2 year old had to be rear facing, her feet would stick over the back seat, it wouldnt be possible. I think there need to be highth and weight limits. My 15 month old is already facing forward because he is big for his age.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• it was in tennessee and she just kind of heard it through the grape vine..so not sure how true it is. just thought i'd see if any of you other mamas had heard of it
    Addisyns_mommy

Answer by Addisyns_mommy at 10:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Nope...lots of RF rumors floating around, it seems.... but nothing legit (at least that I'm aware of)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I googled it and couldn't find ANY state with the law being changed from one year AND 20 lbs as the legal guideline for rear-facing.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• no laws as of now but it is reccomended....

children done need to be turned just becasue their feet touch the seat.. they just fold them up into a comfy position.. my 3 year old is FF and still folds his legs in the seat becasue tis mroe comy
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I don't believe it is law, but it IS a AAP recommendation, and IMO, it's the safest option.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Don't think it's true, but as pp said, it is a new AAP recommendation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I dont think its a law ... but it is recommended and it is safer... my 2y is still RF and perfectly comfy, she will stay this way until she reaches the limits on her seat

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 11:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• its a AAP recomendation my 30 mth old rides rear facing!!! she is 28 lbs and 35 inches long. she will ride rf till she is 35lbs. (limit to her seat)
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I don't really ever see it being passed as a law.. Too many people would cause an uproar with it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009