Who do you trust? Palin or this dude? Death panels?

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2009/08/22/krauthammer-v-palin-the-death-panel-debate/

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 10:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't even know who the "dude" is, but I'll take my chances with him over Palin.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Again 2mothershelpers--there are not now nor were there ever any plans for death panels.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 10:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't trust Palin to lead people out of an open paper bag.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• The death panel myth has been debunked by every valid source.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I will go with the dude. I don't know who he is as I hate your links, but I will go with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It really is not a case of whom I trust. ... and it DEFINITELY should not be a case of whom any of us trusts !!

What is IN THE BILL !!? It is increasingly incomprehensible that all the media coverage is kept strictly to the level of "Is Obama convincing people about his healthcare?" and other popularity contest maneuverings. WHAT ABOUT the WORDS in the BILL!?

This is a huge bill. It has sections on requiring everyone to pay monthly premiums for health insurance, and charging them diff. amts depending on their incomes - let's discuss THAT! ... on doctors and clinics having MORE gov't regulations & being banned from buying new equipment of expanding their facilities - let's discuss THAT ! On how the gov't payments would get made ... on every employer who offers health care being audited by the gov't - let's discuss THAT ! ...

This endless useless talk about which party is going to win is completely beside the point!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Krauthammer has been an op-ed writer for the Washington Post for years. He's also written for Time, as I recall.

2mothers, you might like this: Krauthammer espouses a Reaganesque approach to health care reform:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/06/AR2009080602933.html

Answer by gdiamante at 12:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Does anyone know who - in the media or in politics - took Sarah Palin's 2 sentences which clearly referred to the bureaucratic edicts about how every person must qualify for various treatments (you've all heard the examples like a very obese person will be less qualified for a hip replacement, etc.) those guidelines or rules which will give a doctor approval or denial for a treatment he wants to do for his patient ... they took her sentences in which she was talking about her BABY Trig with his special needs, and also mentioned her parents with their older age ... and they morphed it into Sarah Palin talking about end-of-life counseling, section 1233. Whe clearly was NOT talking about this section at all.

I really would like to know who it is that took her words and completely falsified them ? For days Sarah Palin has been attacked for calling end-of-life counseling "death panels" - but she NEVER did so !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• lol not surprising and from what I recall people were talking about their concerns with the end of life counseling and all that BEFORE Sarah Palin supossidly said this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Palin doesn't ever stand a chance. Obama is the one and can't be changed. So let's move on.
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 5:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2009