Does anyone else miss the family sitcom???

I totally do. I hate watching t.v when my son is in the room. All that's ever on is cop shows or people practically having sex on shows like the Bachelor. Don't get me wrong, I like CSI and Law & Order. But, what happened to the shows you wouldn't mind watching w/ your kids? Where did they go? Anyone feel the same way I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• I was just thinking about this the other night. I've been watching Roseanne reruns and really miss that good laugh. The airways are bursting with reality shows and dramas these days. I really don't think it will ever change.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 10:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i love roseanne. i cannot stop watching it over and over. its like a disease!!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 12:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Apparently, no one wants to watch them anymore. They don't ever have many in development and the ones that do come on, get canceled because no one is watching. That's what gets on my nerves about network TV now, shows don't get a chance. If Friends or Seinfeld were to begin now, they would both be canceled after the first season because they both sucked in the first season. But they went on to be two of the best sitcoms in the history of TV.

There was one on this summer called Surviving Suburbia. It wasn't great, but it had some funny moments and probably could have developed into a good show. Canceled.

The Bill Engval Show is on TNT or USA, something like that. It's in it's second season and it's an enjoyable show. The cable networks give their shows more time to develop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Other shows that I like that are "family" shows are starting to be not very family friendly. I think of shows like Everybody Loves Raymond. There's a lot of risque stuff on there. I used to love to watch 7th Heaven, and there was a show on a long time ago called Promised Land with the guy from Major Dad. I miss shows like Full House and Family Matters.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:20 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i liked promised land
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 2:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Surviving Surburbia made me angry. It suffered from the same thing we see on every other attempt at a sit com - the need to make every male character on the show either deadbeats, dumbasses or cheats. I've got three boys in my household and I'm doing my damndest to teach them NOT to be useless when they grow up. They see these representations of men and think that's the normal way to be? It just pisses me off.

It also suffered from Bob Saget's really bad acting. What happened to him? He appeared to be drunk or suffering from severe allergies in every episode.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I didn't think he was a dumdass deadbeat or a chest. He was just a jerk who minded his wife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• The Bill Engval show is on TBS every Saturday night, that show is hilarious. Nick at Night shows a lot of the old family sitcoms.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I like the Bill Engvall show, and love watching reruns of Roseanne, Full House, & the Cosby Show. I loved the Cosby show. It's depressing turning on the t.v and all you see is people getting shot, or getting drunk. I'm sick of it, the only show besides the ones I named earlier that I watch w/ my son if AFV, sometimes Super Nanny, but that's about it.
    ravensgirl83

Answer by ravensgirl83 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I miss the family shows too. If I want to watch something with my son in the room I have to go to TV Land and watch reruns. I loved Rosanne. Until the last season anyway.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2009