i need some help????

Please other moms help...I have a 2yr old daughter ok.... She constantly is screaming, and it will be for no reason. She doesnt talk right,i mean she talks but not clear.It kinda sounds like mumbling.. What can i do to help her???

irishmama0607

Asked by irishmama0607 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like she's frustrated. Most places have early intervention speech therapy and stuff. Look into that. And when she screams, acknowledge that she's frustrated about something then ask her to please calm down and help you understand why she's upset. Also, sign language.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 10:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• well as far as the talking she is only two and many two year olds are hard to understand. As far as the screaming try to be consistant with firmly letting her know we do not scream like that. We use words...My middle child a girl tends to get worked up and hysterical when she is upset so I have to remind her over and over that its not appropiate we use our words. She actually did use to sceam at times. I am not sure if you use time outs if so you may consider if she refuses to stop after warning utilizing that?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my son still mumbles sometimes and hes 2 1/2. i try to just correct him and have him say things the way i say them. it helps a lot! and i think she's screaming a lot because she can't seem to communicate as well with you. try talking to her calmly and ask what she wants.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:15 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My daughter is 16 months and she does that, sometimes screams for no reason it seems. I usually end up asking what she wants. I ask "are you hungry?", "you want a drink?", and things like that, she knows what im saying and usually that gets her pointing or bringing me her cup or something.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 7:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009