Try to get prego now or later?

so my husband and i are ready to start tryin for a baby!!!! however we just found out he will be deployed oversees in a few mths but not for a long time, thank goodness! We own and operate a family business and i have a great support system to help me. However i do have low blood sugar and im concerned that morning sickness could make it hard to continue running a business while hes gone even with help. Not to mention that i hate throwing up lol. anyways, is it smart to start tryin now even under the circumstances or should we wait till he gets back? Picture urself in my situation... could you be pregnant , possibly have bad morning sickness and work long hours while ur husband is away? i would never want to risk the health of my baby! any advice is wonderful! thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I say...do it now....if you wait for the "right" time, then there will never be a right time. If the low blood sugar is a concern, talk to you doc and read pregnancy books...there's ways of getting around having too bad of morning sickness!

Good luck and congrats!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 10:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• First off tell you husband that I said, "Thank You for deciding to serve our country!" My husband leaves for basic in dec for the AF. Second I've been there and done that with morning sickness. I hated it! Loved being pregnant...hated barfing. It does pass and you'll have a Dr to help with your blood sugar. I'd say do it! Being pregnant is the easier part of being a mom.
    God Forbid that anything would happen to your husband while he's deployed, but you need to ask yourself if anything happened would you want his legacy to live on? I know it's not nice for someone to point out, but I think about how glad I am to have my girls because if anything happened to my husband I'd still get to see his smile everyday. My youngest has his ears, too. In a way I'd still have a piece of him with me. Just something to think about and I hope it helps.
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Go for it-it may take awhile to get preg-so start trying now!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It would be best to try now. Once they get back they are only home for so long before they are shipped off again. I know. My husband is in the military. I was actually pretty sick with our first. I had preeclampsia and needed my gallbladder out. It was hard to do with with out him but I had friends and family to help. As long as you have a good support system I would say go for it. Besides just because you are trying doesn't mean it will happen right away. Good Luck! =D
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 1:20 AM on Aug. 23, 2009