For all the working Mama's

Do you ever wish you had the opportunity to stay at home all day with your baby or babies? I'm no longer with DD's father so I have to work. I wish I had the option to stay home all day with my baby girl. When I'm at work I think about her constantly .. but when I was on maternity leave, I thought about work all the time.

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know exactly how you feel Nola. My ex husband left...up and left one day. He said he was too young for the married life. No support nothing to help with my daughter. So I went from being a SAHM to a full time working mom.

You cry so much because of all of the guilt and you hope that your child will understand in the long run. Then when you are home, you are so tired that you can barely think. You are dying for social time, but won't leave your child because you already away enough. SO MANY TEARS...

I still have meltdowns at least once a week.

We mamas do what we have to! Kudos and good luck.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• That's so true. My kids are grown, but that was always my problem too. When I worked FT, I missed them and felt guilty for leaving them, but when I stayed at home, I felt guilty for not working- not to mention I was made to feel that way by my in-laws, who believed it was my job to work FT to supply medical insurance, because hubby was in a position that did not provide it.

No matter what I did, I always felt guilty for some reason. It's so hard being a mom! My daughter is going through this right now too.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i HATE leaving her, but I feel bad leaving the people at work. I wanted to bring stuff home from work while on leave to help out because I felt guilty that other people were doing my work. Then when I did go back to work, I feel guilty for leave my angel at home (even though she is with my mom). and to top it off, I have to work two jobs. It's so hard and I hate feeling guilty.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Had the opportunity. Took it. Hated it. And my son didn't like it either because it kept him from his friends!

I think it's different when you have older kids; mine was six at the time.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:39 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• No. I would be bored. My son doesn't need me there every second of the day, I find that unhealthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I don't think she needs me every second, but sometimes I want to be a SAHM because I worry I'll miss out on all of her firsts .... I missed the first time she rolled over because I was at work. : (

Bri: I have meltdowns, too. I don't have as many, but every once in a while I do.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I've got the best of both worlds, I work from home! I'm a SAHM to my 2 year old son and 5 month old daughter. I recently started working from home and I must say I really enjoy doing what I do! We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID… NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I'd love to tell you more about our team and introduce you to the business!
    Erika

Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I stayed at home with each of my children until they were 2 years old. At that point I was so ready to go back to work. They are all older and in school now so I do not feel any reason to stay at home.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 4:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have worked full time since my children were born and let me tell you I feel so guilty for not being there. My youngest son still wants me to be at home and be more active in his life. I decided last year that I was going to make my dream and his come true so I started a home business. By June of next year I should be able to quit my job and be at home full time.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• No, I'm not attached at the hip to my twins. We have a great relationship apart from each other during the day. I love working away from the home, and they love seeing all their friends at preschool. You'll get used to it and thrive. Just make the best of each day and don't dwell on what you can't have right now....which is what it sounds like from the statement that you wanted to be at work when you had to be home.... Live in the moment and enjoy!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2009