My 11 yr old daughter is having sexual feelings

My 11 yr old daughter is starting to feel her sexuality. To be blunt she is getting horny. She is touching herself for pleasure, also watching sexual things on U-Tube. they are only animations because she thinks the real thing is disgusting. She has shared them with me and they are not at all explicit. Her father & I are divorced and she has caught him watching XXX porno on several occasions. Sickening! She told me last night that she plays out

petiteone

Asked by petiteone at 11:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• It sounds like you are on the right track by being willing to listen to her! Could you ask her if it would be ok to talk with her therapist yourself? I think you have the right to do this anyway because she is a minor but staying very open and honest with her is key. The therapist might be able to advise you on the best way to proceed.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i started watching porn and touching myself when i was about 9 or 10. and so did some of my friends from what i know. what do you need help with? what do you want to say to her? shes going through a normal party of life. everyone gets horny. just hopefully she doesnt end up a slut yano? make sure she knows its okay to touch herself. its not okay to sleep with lots of guys. if you wanna ask me anything else, message me if you want.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I was curious around 9 and 10 yo too. It does happen to everyone i don't know what you should say but be thankful she confides in you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2009