I drank before I knew I was prego

Only 5 weeks along but had a few magaritas the other night (before finding out) - should I worry at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you were WASTED, then maybe you have a TINY reason to worry (though still doubtful). If you really just had a few margaritas, I'm sure it's no big deal. It happens all the time. I mean, stop now, but I really doubt you've done any harm.

Link to this question on the march of dimes website:
    http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/14332_1170.asp

I'm sure if you ask your Dr he'll tell you not to worry. Honestly, in my completely NON professional opinion, the stress of worrying that you've possibly done something to hurt your baby is probably more harmful than the couple of drinks you had. Just relax, put it behind you, and do everything right for your baby (eat right and all that) from here on. And enjoy your pregnancy!

Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• no. i found out i was pregnant on a monday, the friday before that i went out to the bar and got WASTED. im talking like, drank from like 10 until 4 in the morning, probably at least 7 beers and 10 different kinds of shots - jager bombs, soco and lime, all kinds of shit. smoked ciggerates all night. and my son is perfectly healthy!!! =) i know lots of people who drank and smoked before they knew they were pregnant and their babys are fine. at that early, its not really going to effect the baby, especially just that one time. but i definatly wouldnt be having anymore margaritas now. CONGRATS!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• no your fine. i got drunk beofre i knew i was preggo with both my kids and they came out super healthy!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I got SMASHED (the second time only in my life!) the weekend before I found out I was pregnant with our first. He's fine now.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Oh i was trashed at least four times before i found out i was pregnant, around 5 weeks.

i think all women who drink and accidentally get pregnant have done this, seems to turn out fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I got really really drunk on Halloween last year and found out 2 weeks later that I was pregnant. (I apparently conceived 2 weeks prior to Halloween) My daughter was born on July 17, 1 week late and a healthy 8 lbs. So don't worry, it'll be fine.
    reava

Answer by reava at 12:00 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• my little guy just came out fine..I had a few drinks a couple of days before I found out.
    mommytohuddy

Answer by mommytohuddy at 1:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• At that early they don't consider it to be something to worry about because the baby is still feeding off the yoke sack and may not even be fully implanted yet. Baby hasn't started taking nutrients from you yet so you are fine. Nothing to worry about.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i know how you feel because i did the same thing. i couldn't help to worry a little bit, even though my midwife said it would be fine. and of course it was! :D good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2009