Do you think that i am nuts??

ok my husbands family and some of my family think that it is totally crazy to have a lot of kids.

They also believe that i have them to close together, i do not believe that any one gets more then they can handle such as in having a family so if i have a lot of kids then i feel that it is gods will.

my family and my husband family think that i am being forced into being pregnant. i have a five year old, a four year old, a three year old, a ten month old, and i am 19 weeks pregnant does this make me nuts? or do you feel that i am being forced into being pregnant?

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 11:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know you're not nuts. You are blessed and so are your children. You are a great mom and no one has the right to judge your choices. I do not mean any offense to a previous poster, but I am very proud of my oldest son for working hard and earning a full scholarship to a very expensive private university. He is more mature, self-confident, and capable than any child who is handed everything. I do not believe in handing my child a car or college tuition. I've seen that go wrong too many times in the rich area where I grew up. My son is a much better person for having had to earn those things. Your children are housed, fed, and clothed, but the relationship they will have growing up close together in a big family is priceless. I believe that what you have is meant to be and perfect for you and your family. God blessed you and He will provide. Pray for those who judge you and try to put you down.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 12:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• yeah i think ur nuts but if you can take care of them all y not. I have 2 and i dont want anymore ever!!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• well, i just hope that you have enough money to support all of these kids. im a believer in giving your kids not only what they need, but alot of what they want. i want to pay for my kids college tuition and buy them their first car, etc. so if i cant afford that for alot of kids, then i wont be having alot of kids. and the more kids you have, the less attention you can give to each one which isnt really fair either. i really think 4 is enough. i think that should be the limit for everyone.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You are not nuts. You know your limit and you know what you can handle! Mine are 5,3,14 months and I'm 23 weeks pregnant. This is our last because my body just can not handle it anymore. With my first it was high blood pressure. With my second I ended up getting Bells Palsey and had to have my galbladder removed, with my 3rd I suffered for 7 weeks from having too much placenta left in me after delevery and had a D&C done, with this one I'm already high risk for Placenta Abruption so I think this is Gods way of saying enoughs enough LOL. But my husband and I are talking about Foster Care so like I said, you know your limits. Dont let someone else be the judge of your body. If this is what you want and you can take care of them, then hey, its your life!! :) Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Who are we to judge you really? I mean, if you can handle all the stress involved in having that many kids that close together then more power to you hon! I think it's crazy when people have a ton of kids like that and then complain about it, it's one of those things like "haven't you figured out what causes that?" but as long as you feel you can handle it...I see no issue.
    javila

Answer by javila at 11:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• hey my dad is the oldest of 12. . . he is 15 years older then his baby brother. . . um. . . talk about close together. . . I think we all have to be a little nuts to have kids. . . I mean. . . we volunteer to get talked back to, pooed and peed on, fed soggy Cheerios and mashed bananas, lose sleep. . . and that is the first 2 years. . . lol

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You are not nuts, very brave, but not nuts. You know what is best for you and your family. Good luck with your growing family.
    reava

Answer by reava at 12:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think your only concern would be not giving your body quite enough time to recover from each birth. If you truly believe this: "i do not believe that any one gets more then they can handle such as in having a family so if i have a lot of kids then i feel that it is gods will." Then you also must believe that you were also given the intelligence, responsibility, and reasoning ability to recognize that as you get older, it is going to take its toll so you might want to think about your health so that you can remain in the best condition to take care of all your children and have subsequent healthy pregnancies.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes I think you are very nuts. But what I think doesn't matter. As long as you have the financial stability to take care of all the children then it is your right to choose.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Children are a blessing and it sounds like you are really blessed. I wish I had that many already. I have two boys that are 3 1/2 yrs apart. The youngest is 2 and I haven't gotten pregnant again yet. I have fertility issues though. It isn't up to anyone in the family to call you names or make your fertility their business. God Bless your family and only He will stop you when its time. :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2009