What is something that before becoming a mom you never thought you could do, but quickly realized you can?

Before I became a mommy anyone who was sick was not allowed around me, vomiting was the worst, the slightest sound, smell, or sight of it would make me run gagging.

Now as a mom when my kids are sick I have now noticed when they throw up I don't mind catching it in a bucket to dump or wipe it off the floor if thats where it goes,(it still really bothers me if someone does it though lol) now as a mom I realize no matter how sick my babies are I always have the free arms to run my fingers through their hair and rock them to sleep and the fear of getting sick never crosses my mind.

The powers that come with motherhood are amazing

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 11:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Change a shitty diaper. Be responsible for some one else.

Answer by louise2 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Willingly give up sleep and not mind. (I'm anal about my sleep. You DON'T mess with my sleep, unless you want a new one ripped. Unless you're one of my kiddos.)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i remember holding a preemie when i was 16 & thinking "theres no way something this big is going to come out of me!!" & mine ended up being 8.9 lbs w/ a HUGE head.

i havent had to deal with puke yet...im still not sure if can handle that one...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I never thought I could do everything one-handed while carrying my colicy baby around in the other arm.

surprised

reava

Answer by reava at 11:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Growing up I had a HUGE phobia of vomiting. It started at the age of 9 and continued till I had children beginning at 26yrs. So for the majority of my life, I was terrified of vomit. And when I say terrified, I mean absolutely freaked out and scared to death. The phobia got so bad, I was put on medication and had severe anxiety attacks on pretty much a daily basis. Now I'm just like you...I can handle it very well without running away or freaking out. When it's your kids, you just do what you have to do. I realized that I had to stop "walking around" the fear and instead to just "walk through" it. DOn't get me wrong...I STILL HATE VOMIT and everything about it. I do wish I could go away and not have to deal with it. But, they're my babies. I have to be strong and calm for them. It's absolutely amazing what becoming a mother can do to a person. I am so much better for it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm with the vomiting and poop part, however, last year my son was vomit sick 4 times in 3 months, and I still put my shirt over my nose...... The thing that amazes me the most is, just like my mother, when I am dealing with a sick child, I am immune to whatever it is that they have. I have never gotten sick because I caught it from my kids. I only got sick once, because of my husband. It's always amazed me...MOMMY POWER!!!!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Budget! And spend money on someone else and NOT myself!
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 23, 2009