Bridge

I just got a bridge a little over a week ago.Its one tooth in the front.It connects to the teeth on either side and is cemented in.My question is it feels weird.It feels like its loose but I know its not.It makes the 2 teeth on either side feel weird.I am scared to even chew on it.How long until it feels comfortable?I brush on that side is it ok to brush it?I know its not loose but it feels weird.I also have a bump on my gum where it is.I am sure thats from it being pushed in.Thanks.Oh its the cheaper of the 2 bridges.But the dentist said some people have had it last 20 years.Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Health

• It will take some time to get used to it. I had a bridge placed over three of my bottom molars in May and it felt odd too. My bite felt "off" like my top teeth were rubbing into my bottom teeth or bumping into something. I think I started to get used to it a few weeks later. Now I barely notice it. You also probably have a "loose" feeling because of the inflammation caused to your gums from it being pressed into place. Brush away too. Did you get floss threaders to get under it too? You don't want stuff getting under it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:35 AM on Aug. 23, 2009