In your opinion, are girls or boys harder to raise?

I think girls are harder to raise. When they are little they play like a boy and like a girl. They like mud and cars and make up and barbies. You have to worry about if to do their hair and how to do it. If you should pierce their ears or not. When they get older they need bra's and pads and maybe birth control.

...but of course, i only have 2 boys. So maybe i'm biased. What do you think?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 11:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Girls - not just because of the teenage mood swings, but also because of all of the nonsense society shoves down our throats - that girls have to be sexy, etc.
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 11:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i think boys r. u can make a girl happy no matter what, boys r crazy. i work in a mall and the boys running around have no discipline it seems when i kno there is but just not tking effect. girls get hard later when they r teens as where boys chill out.
    blue_eyed_baby5

Answer by blue_eyed_baby5 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I have 2 girls. My oldest is almost 3 and she has definitely been a handful. She's dramatic and emotional at times, can be weepy, never knows what she wants, moody, and yes I have to do her hair everyday because as a girl you have to brush your hair. My other is only 8 months but she too is just like a typical woman, the things I described above. I wouldn't trade any of it though. I don't know how it is raising boys, I'm pregnant with number 3 and finding out monday so we'll see :)

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My son is 2 and my daughter is 8 months and in all honesty, girls are harder to raise in my book. Our little 8 month old is already a little diva lol, hopefully we have another boy on the way or we are really going to have our hands full lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• GIRLS!!! My son was/is a breeze. He is such a happy boy. He self-entertains, is very polite, sympathetic to one's feelings, caring, helpful, shares well, learns fast, and easy to please. My daughter is the polar opposite. She's demanding, hard-headed, very independant, can be selfish (when it comes to her toys), doesn't share or take turns very well (we're really working on this), and very impatient. Now don't get me wrong, she has many many many great qualities and I love her dearly. But, overall, she's been more of a challenge than my son. But, I will say this, she was sooooo much easier to potty train than my son!
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 11:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I never had an opportunity to raise a boy. But girls, when they become teens. They get expensive And moody

Answer by louise2 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Hmmmm. I think it probably depends on the child and the age. I have a 7 year old boy and two girls aged 5 and 2.5. My son was by far the hardest as a baby/toddler- he was a much more intense baby, was much later talking and frustrated because of that, and was really hard to potty train! But now that he is school age, he really is no problem. My girls were much easier babies/small toddlers, but at age five my middle child is a major drama queen.... if I have to hear her say "HMPH!" and cross her arms over her chest and go stomping off one more time I might lose my mind! Though I would prefer that to her bursting into tears over EVERYTHING! LOL! And my 2.5 year old is clearly watching big sister to see how the drama queen thing is done. I guess my assessment from my own kids: boys are harder to reign in, but girls are WAY more emotional.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I would never want to raise a girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think boys are harder to raise physically, but girls are harder to raise emotionally.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:33 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It depends on the child and what mood they are in for the day. I have one of each. My daughter doesn't have mood swings, yet. My son can have a mental breakdown any second. My daughter normally takes things with a grain of salt, but my son wears his heart on his sleeve. My son is hyper all day every day, my daughter is so laid back.
    For me my daughter normally is easier to take care of.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 3:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2009