4 months old?

what should my son be able to do at 4 months, he tries to sit up, he eats jar food, he rolls from his belly to his back, but not back to belly, he likes to stand up and plays with toys. should he be doning more, he is big for 4 months he weighs 18 pounds already, he has always been big though. I was just wondering if all this is normal or if he is slow? his cousin could sit up at 4 months

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like he is right on target! Dont worry mama, he sounds like he is doing great!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• All babes are different- a mom in my group has an 8 month old who still can't sit. They say BF babies tend to walk quicker, but IDK.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• he sounds totally on track. if not ahead for a boy!! maybe get the book "wat to expect the first year" it has what they should and might be able to do every month until they are 12 months
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 11:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• He shouldn't be eating jarred food yet at 4 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• he is completly normal. mine didnt start sitting until he was about 5 months. and as far as the jar food, dont listen to them it is perfectly fine to feed him jar food.
    tiffany0902

Answer by tiffany0902 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i just love how everyone tells me not to feed him jar food..... it makes me laugh really, his doctor said to and guess what he likes it.... why do you post anonymous if you have an opinion you can just tell me if you think he is too young maybe give me your ideas and help me understand why you think i shouldn't, or you can just leave me the hell alone. and respond to the question i asked, i said nothing about if he could eat jar food yet.
    i let him try chocolate too!!!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009