Why does my DD breathe smell like throw up??

she didnt throw up anywhere or spit up.. its VERY acidic smelling...

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is she FF or BF?
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• BF
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Hmm.. sometimes my BF baby has sour breath when she actually spits up curdles, but usually she always has the yummy sweet milk smell about her. Do you think she has acid reflux problems? Also what, if any, solids is she on?
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• she gets cereal daily... i give her sweet potatoes, teething bisquits, avocado and cantaloupe... but cantaloupe was a few weeks ago and avocado she didnt really like i gave it to her once and that was a few days ago.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Hm, I'm not sure- I don't know anything about solids... my 5 month old still hasn't started any yet... maybe it's the teething biscuits? The sweet potato to me has a kind of sweet/sour acidic sort of smell. *Shrugs* Hope someone else knows more and can help you!
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I read in another one of your posts she's 6 months, and I think you'd know by now if she had acid reflux. Maybe she spit up in her mouth just a little bit, but not enough to expel? Clean her mouth out with one of those baby gum brushes if you have one, and see if her breath still smells.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• She could have acid reflux and it just not be severe enough for you to notice... That's the only reason I can think of for the acidic smell.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• she doesnt spit up too much at all.. but its so strong that she is in my lap sleeping and im sitting here and can smell it radiating from her mouth... its weird.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Maybe she spits up and you do not know it because it doesn't come out and she swallows it. I would talk to the DR. Some ppl do not have reflux diagnosed until later in age. With my Step daughter she was 1 before they knew she had it. Also as PP said, use the baby brush( fits on finger)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I didn't know reflux could go that long undetected! That's something you might wanna bring up to the pedi!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2009