have a yr old boy, might b prego, what to do?

so i took a test, 2 in fact and they seem to b positive, 1 of the 2 lines is faint so i'm not sure if its a real positive or not. calling my doc first thing monday morning. I never believed in abortion before and well i can honestly say i am now . I have a one yr old son and well its just too soon. I started school and stuff a few mths ago and am finally on the right track to fulfilling my goals. my DH has a wonderful job offer that we were probably gonna take, but that means it will be really hard with a newborn. the job entails alot of traveling and long hours on his part for a few yrs. its just plain out bad bad timing. We have always used BC and if for some reason i wasnt on it, we wouldnt have sex. not that i wouldn't have tried but my DH takes this very seriously, which he should. I'm wrestling on what to do, i need support ladies, what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have many long heart to heart talks with your husband and figure out what is right for both of you.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 12:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have a 12 month old and am 6 month preggo with my second. I am going to school, working and being a house wife all at the same time, I dont mean to make this sound mean or anything or rude in anyway but if u didnt want another child why didnt you take all the procotions so that you wouldnt get preggo, i never believed in abortion either and would personally never even consider it .... if you really dont want the child think about adoption, at least do that for the baby...... but good luck with it all and i hope everything works out for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Awww hun ultimately in youe decision but my experience with a husband who drives over the road truck, my Oldest just turned 2, when he was 8 months we got pregnant with our daughter, so my 2 oldest are 17 months apart, my dd will be 1 on new years eve, 6 weeks after that is the due date of our third child.

I will not lie it gets tough sometimes but its all mangeable, sometimes they have to cry it out a little bit while you do something else real quick (if you believe in doing that) I don't know what religion beliefs you have but as for myself I always believed God will not give you any more than you can handle. It may seem hard but its not permanent, I wish you all the luck and hope that you make the right decision best for you, granted I am very pro-life but I am not filling your shoes
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i have a special needs 1 yr old and just found out that I'm pregnant yes it was a shocker, but how shocking can it be when we didn't prevent? anyways I'm pro life so you really dint want my opinion but if you abort get an IUD so next time an innocent life wont be lost b/c you cant remember a rubber!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i say keep it, but if not then opt for adoption......no reason to abort the baby because you think you cant handle it. youre giving what you can handle like some one else said....thats my honest opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Don't make a decision that you will regret later-if u abort, u may regret and its too late to change ur mind-if you adopt it out as a split second decision-u may regret-however you can have it-give it ur best shot-if it doesn't work out n you can always adopt it out--just think it thru very very carefully first before a jump decision-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• If you ARE PG please give it some time to really think about your decision. If you wanted to have another child EVENTUALLY, maybe after some serious consideration you'll decide that it's an unplanned blessing. But it IS your decision and you do have another child to think about. For me, my DS comes 1st, and if I couldn't continue to provide for him the way he deserves I wouldn't consider having another baby.

I was PG at 20 and felt like we weren't ready (I'd ony been with my now DH less than a year), so I aborted. I felt guilt and shame for a long time, esp. after a miscarriage. Now that we have a 2 year old I feel differently (if we'd had the 1st one our lives could be completely different now and we may not have our little boy!). I DO think we made the right choice NOW, but I had 6 years of 2nd guessing myself. Make sure you can live with this choice 5 years down the road before you do something you can't take back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• AUTHOR: I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR, WE ALWAYS USED PROTECTION AND WHEN I WAS ON MY PERIOD WE WERENT HAVING SEX, THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON Y I WOULD GET OFF BC. BUT AS SOON AS IT ENDED I WOULD GET RIGHT BACK ON. I USE THE NUVA RING AND EVEN WITH T6HAT WE STILL WOULD USE A CONDOM TOO. SO STOP THE BASHING ABOUT PROTECTION CUZ I USED ALL PRECATIONS. HE WOULDN'T EVEN COME INSIDE OF ME.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• To OP: The decision to keep a pregnancy or not is very emotional for people, I don't think they are trying to bash you just trying to make peace with their own feelings about abortions. You posted a tough question (as you know) and people react very harshly at times. Ultimately it is you and your husband who have to live with whatever you choose and not the other respondents so don't fret about what they say just know in your heart that you did your part t prevent this pregnancy and now have to figure out how to proceed. I have a friend who aborted a pregnancy and though she mourns her child all the time she also has a life of her own because of it. She was able to graduate college and travel and figure out who she is. She does regret her choice at times but also knows it was the right thing to do. Talk, pray, think and weigh ALL of your options before you determine your course of action.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 2:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2009