Sorry if TMI- Post Partum Bleeding? Is this normal?

I am 4 weeks pp and I had quit bleeding around week 2.. just light occasional spotting through week 3. A few days ago, despite trying really hard to wait, my fiance and I had sex. It wasn't rough or anything and fairly quick, however now I am bleeding again. It is almost black in color and a lot heavier than what I had previously had. Is this my period? Or is it still just post-partum bleeding? Should I call my dr...or is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Health

• i would call the dr just to make sure, if its that dark of blood and heavy... GL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• the same exact thing happened to me!!! i was bleeding but it was getting really light colored and not as much, but then me and my SO had sex, and it was only 2 or 3 weeks after i had my son and after we had sex it got really really heavy and it was so dark it was like black and i got so scared i gave myself an infection or something. but i didnt, everything was fine. i think your fine cuz thats literally the same thing that happened to me so dont worry. i mean im not a doctor, but yano.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2009