Is there any shows your kids arent allowed to watch ?

So far we really havent had any shows that we wont let them watch...my daughter just turned 3 ( and my son isnt even a year yet ) .... but I have been starting to think of certain shows that Im not going to watch when she is in the room with me from now on, because she is "picking things up from it " . Family Guy is one, me and my husband like that show, but obviously its not really for kids...now my daughter keeps talking about killing like stewie and a few other things like that....the is pretty much the only adult show we watch when they are around ( not in bed yet ) ... also on the weekends we usually get like a scary movie to watch together when they go to bed....well she woke up and ended up seeing the last 10 minutes or so of it,and is still talking about it...

So, so far, on my list is Family Guy, and obviously any adult-content movies...I cant really think of any other tv shows that shouldnt be aloud ..can you

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Most of the cartoons on tv I don't let him watch, I let him watch pbs and I buy movies for him
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• same here, i dont let him watch spongebob. i think its funny sometimes, but i dont let him see it because it just makes him be loud and obnoxious and making him make wierd sounds....remember kids look up to characters they like to watch, who do you want them to emulate? because they will.
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 1:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• well we don't have cable and I think I will keep like that. My kids watch PBS but most of the time they are playing or reading and don't really think about tv. but most cartoons nowadays are violent and I could have swore I heard spongebob say hell.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• LOL, I love family guy and that she is imitating Stewie is kinda funny. ( as long as it isn't too bad, kwim!) I obviously do not watch movies with any heavy making out, or anything too adult like really bad cussing in it. At this age they repeat EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• yeah "funny". so glad you are entertained by that...parent of the year award coming your way, i can tell
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• All of them with few exceptions. He can watch some of the shows on PBS and a few on Saturday morning on Play House Disney. Other than that we limit.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• No adult shows for my kids. Family Guy and Simpsons and such are for ADULTS and my kids dont watch them and neither do we. As far as kid shows, we dont allow Wizards of Waverly Place because of the witch factor and the attitude of the character. Shes mouthy, disrespectful, and lazy. I dont want my kids picking up on that behavior and they will. I dont allow Fairly odd parents, because it stupid, No japanese animation such as Pokemon, and any of those animatied fighting shows. I saw one the other day that was awful. I dont care for the good/evil fight on cartoons. The only one I allow is Star Wars:Clone wars.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• There are quite a few shows I don't allow my 3 year old to watch. I'll stay away from the adult satire cartoons such as Simpsons or South Park because they aren't even in the running....I don't let her watch Sponge Bob because I feel a lot of the humor to too old for her. I also avoid Seseame Street because of the speech of Elmo and Cookie Monster (she has difficulty pronouncing things correctly as it is). No cartoons dealing with violence, fighting, etc, or any that I feel will "melt her brain" with inane antics that she may try to emulate. I preview EVERYTHING she watches before I give it an ok, and at times I research the shows as well. I don't mind her watching shows for the entertainment value of it (rather than the educational value) as long as the show isn't teaching her bad behavior, manners, incorrect English skills, etc.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My kids are 3 & 5 - it's not what shows aren't they allowed to watch, but rather what shows or channels are they allowed to watch in our house! PBS Kids and Playhouse Disney, occasionally Jeopardy! or Wheel of Fortune and that's it. We DVR most shows and watch them later so we can pick what we want rather than just turn it on. They are not allowed to watch Dora, Spongebob, or anything on Nick because they don't understand the difference between ads and shows until about age 8-9 (and I don't care for Dora or Spongebob).
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My nieces ages 3 and 6 have their tv on "Noggin" all day until bedtime. This station get the approval seal from me.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2009