how can you get dogs ready for baby

ok i have 2 small sweet loveing dogs that i care alot about there is my chihuahua ginger and a maltees maylee.ive baby sat the ages from 6months to 3 years and ginger and maylee was fine but thoz babys didnt take up all my time but now im pregnant and this baby will how do i get them used to the change of the home and they wont have all my attention thank you for your time

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 12:37 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hard one to really answer unless you have dogs... I don't but i'll do my best! I would say get a baby doll or something to represent the coming baby and just kind of practice with that. Spend more time fussing over the doll or taking care of it. Probably closer to the end of your pregnancy so it's not too time consuming and you'll have yours with you soon there after. I would defanitly try training the dogs on what they can and can't do with the baby, depending on how close you want them around it. Using the doll for this would probably be better as well.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2009