Female issue. Help.

I need some help. It itches really bad "down there". Not all the time but most of it, usually after i go to the bathroom. I dont have insurance and we dont have the money to pay for a doctor's visit. Is there any otc medicine or anything for something like this? It's driving me crazy. I "scratch" it with the toilet paper for some relief, but that makes it hurt. I need to stop doing that, but it's like that itch on your foot....you just have to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Health

• vagisil...

try looking into medicaid too im not saying it is, but what if it got BADLY infected...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• you need to visually inspect for ingrown hairs, sores or bumps

could just be irritation from shaving, or it could be herpes, or a yeasty good time
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:42 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Sounds like a yeast infection I had that 1 time in my life and that was when I was pregnant with my daughter, I had that exact symptoms, any OTC yeast infection cream should cure it. Warning it will make it more itchy at first but leave it on it does go away
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Probably yeast. You can get a test, over the counter, but I think they are costly. If you have an STD it won't just go away and you need to see a DR. Check the phone book for low cost women's clinics or Planned Parenthood places. You need help.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I've never had this problem before so what are some otc yeast infection creams? Is that what vagisil is? Pardon my ignorance, but i just never had to worry about this before.

I am only eligile for medically needy for medicaid. But, if none of the otc meds help, i'll save some money and go to the doctor. I thought I'd try some cheaper things first (otc meds).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Oh, sorry..... the previous post is from me. the OP.
    Anonymous

• OP again..... I truly highly doubt it's an STD. I'm married and hubby is the only man I've been with and he hasn't been with any women since we've been together and thats been almost 3 yrs. And I trust him. PLus, with working two jobs, he doesn't have the time to cheat. :) He's a horrible liar too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• vagisil, monistat are two different brands of yeast creams to try - GL
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Thanks JA JA! I'll be checking those out tomorrow! Thanks so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• your welcome!!! :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2009