What would life be like?

If we let Jesus live through us? Kind of a rhetorical question, but one we should ask ourselves daily as we live our lives as living sacrifices as our spiritual act of worship as Christians.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuhk6AUlsBQ

cleanaturalady

Asked by cleanaturalady at 12:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love that song that shares those words and theres this one song that when I hear, I think of you Kim because I think Ive heard you say these words before or even just take on this mentality, but the words go "Give me your eyes for the broken hearted, the ones that are far beyond my reach, ect ect." The basis of the song is about us asking God to show us what HE sees and I think if we TRULY saw people and the world through HIS eyes, we would be dumbfounded. The amt of compassion would be overwhelming. I remember one time having a guest speaker at our church who worked with people who were HIV pos. He came not to speak to us about that but to speak about compassion. Gods compassion. At the end of the service almost every person in that church was laying at the altar sobbing over people we didnt know. People in the community who had been shunned from churches, the hispanic population, the homeless. Sorry that was OT...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:39 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Without watching the video I think it would be like this. One we would have no possesions save the clothes on our backs and shoes. We would relly on the kindness of strangers for our meals and sleeping quarters. We would spread love EVERYONE, even the gay *omgosh no wai* We would probably visit jails and talk to the men and women in there. Try and show them there's a better way to live our lives. We would be healthier. Mainly eating fruits and veggies and nuts, and only eating the clean meats if we were to eat meat. We would have respect for ourselves and others. Our bibles would get used ALOT more then they do now. We would do the best we could to help everyone we met. That's just a basic outline. God bless you all!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I love that son too, Brooke. It is by Brandon Heath. I really think as Christians, we forget to stop and look at people through God's eyes. It gives so much perspective when we understand the pain, hurt and struggle in the person. I have to do this with some of my in laws, lol. "Lord, PLEASE help me to understand that these people are your children, made by you for a purpose. Help me to see them as you do, with your love and grace.".
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• rhanford, 'omigosh no wai' cracked my crackers up. Thanks.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2009