eye problems

I'm really worried about my 14 yr olds vision, he has glasses so he can see,but if he doesnt wear them he cant see says everything goes blurry. I'm scared he's gonna go blind I took him to the eye doctors and they wont tell me anything accept that it will get worse. I have to stand right in front of my kids face for him to see me without his glasses... He doesnt wear thick glasses they are really thin and I even put them on and nothing seems really different. Is thier anything I can do or something he can take that can help his vision?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Health

• I've had really bad vision since I was young. (Yep, no glasses or contacts and it's alllll blurry.) I was worried about going blind (I'm almost 28 and at a -8.0) The last eye doctor I went to I was literally crying because people make you feel so ashamed when you have bad vision and I was afraid she'd say something rude or criticizing to me about it. I can't remember if I asked her how high up they went or what but she said she had one patient at a -19.0 - and that I "would never get there". So that kind of gave me some hope.

Most people's vision "gets worse" but you need to get some more information on this. Does he mean gradually over time? Does he mean within the next 6 months? ..It could mean all the difference. If he won't tell you, find someone else. Good eye places are hard to find......good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have horrible vision, have had glasses since I was 4 and contacts since I was 13. I am now 37 and am not blind. His vision will probably get worse, most people's do. I would take him to a different eye doctor and have another exam. I am a -10 in my left eye and a -13 in my right eye. I can't see without glasses or contacts. He may be better off with contacts. Don't go to a chain place, go to a private eye doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009