Am I being too sensitive about this?

When I became preggers with my first baby, I told my grandmothers, both of whom I was close to first (after df of course). Instead of happy squeals and joy, I got lectures on why I "messed up my life". I was really pissed 'cause I felt they SO ruined the moment for me. I plan on having two more and I don't want to tell them. Is that cruel?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• they screwed up by ruining the moment for you so they forfeit the joy of announcing new ones.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• They'd be the last to know. If it were me, I'd even have someone else tell them for me. I hate that speech.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• your grown and it was your decision to have babies no matter what they think. but like the other posts said, they would be the last to know next time around.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• its sad they feel that way....but also remember their way of life and how their expectations were. i know that when the baby gets here it will be different. they will be spoiled. i think they worry so much about us, and these days with the bad economy and other things i think they just all around worry about us and im sure they only wish the best for us. let them know that things will be okay and tell them not to worry. when they used the term messed up your life...dont take it as an insult. its how they express almost everything. they are big time worrywarts!! they worry about everything. dont worry, just overlook it. wait til the baby is born. you will hear a lot more about what you should do with the baby.
    brandoneaglemom

Answer by brandoneaglemom at 2:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I agree with other posters. Share the joy of your future pregnancies with someone who will... well, share your joy.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:12 AM on Aug. 23, 2009