milk supply too low!

My son was born premature so his suckle hasnt been strong enough for the breast. I have pumped but my supply has gone way down. Im not producing enough for him. What can i do to get it back?

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 1:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• drink a lot of water, take in the calories u need and pump evry 2 hours it helps...
    laly87

Answer by laly87 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• can he nurse now? or no??

try expressing the milk with your hand
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• How is your diet? I was told I should have drank more water and ate better. I was a complete zombie and had to be reminded to eat. My supply seemed to vanish and my son would get really fussy so I had to switch to the bottle.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• hi. i had a low milk supply problem too and i was refered to taking Feenagreek capsules or a tea called mothers milk. both should be sold in stores that have a natural or arganic section just fpllow the instruction. you can also look on line for other safe and natural way to increase your milk supply
    Zaksmama

Answer by Zaksmama at 1:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• 9-12 fenugreek a day, pump after every nursing, get a SNS and use that to give the pumped milk if his diapers are low, eat oatmeal, google lactation cookie eat 5 a day, mothers milk teas 3-5 cups daily, more milk plus pills from www.motherlove.com

Remember supply is only low if diapers are low, other things can be growth spurts, normal supply regulation, etc.

See a LC for help
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2009