Night Terrors?

Growing up I had night terrors (which is different from night mares) and I'm worried my son might have them, too, but I'm not sure if he's even old enough for thm. He's5 months old, he'll SCREAM in themiddle of the night but by the time I'm about to pick him up out of his crib he's back to sleep (and its not like he's old enough to ask whats going on,lol) Does anyone know how young you an get night terrors?

Asked by Trishintraining at 12:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• My husband used to get bad night terrors as a kid. So far neither of our boys (6 & 1) have had them. My oldest son does sleep walk and talk in his sleep but no terrors.

Answer by Sony_0025 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There is no correlation between genetics and dreaming (including night terrors) more in likely your husband had something triggering them as a child. My daughter had some when she was like 6-8 months old but nothing long lasting. She would just start screaming in her sleep and we would have to wake her up she is 2 now and no problems.

Answer by ilovemybananer at 11:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2008