how many moms are vegans?

i was wondering when you decided to go vegan, how did your immediate family( husband and kids) and the extended family feel when you mentioned this and how people looked at you for making such a decision in your life? i think its one of the best decisions for myself...but my hubby thinks that im going too far. he says he will get onboard eventually and he will choose to cut his meat out 3 x wk. im happy for that but i really wanted to do this for myself and i dont want him to change his ways. but he feels that its the only way. i odnt want him to feel obligated to do this because of me. how many of you have went through this? im okay with my decision just wondering when the transition happens how will this effect them. will they be okay with it? i mean...going from meat and potatoes to strictly veggies...lol. any advice!!

brandoneaglemom

Asked by brandoneaglemom at 1:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It is better for your heart. veggie burgers!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• You know, it's just a transition like everything else. Those you love will eventually accept you. They may still argue, because they may feel they have to defend their own choices simply because you make other ones (and they may be grappling with their conscience and trying to find excuses).

Anyway- congratulations! You can check out vegan groups here on cafemom as well as veganforum.com.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2009