How to get rid of fleas?

Need to find a way to get rid of fleas??...thank you!

MayMommy07

Asked by MayMommy07 at 2:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pets

Level 4 (-8 Credits)
  • Try using "Dawn dishwashing liquid" bathe you dog with this and no more fleas it works great for my two goldens. Just make sure you don't bathe your dog too often it might mess with their skin. Just give you baby a good rub down wash and you'll see the difference. GLpuppy

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:14 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• you have to get a bomb for every room.give your pets a bath and put flea medicine on them to keep the fleas off even aftter the bath.bomb your house make sure you put a bomb in every room.make sure you wash your clothes afterwards because the chemicals will be on it and bugs will most likely still be on themleave everything open like doors but keep wndows closed when bombing.go out for a couple of hourse and then when you come back after you bomb you should be fine.keep up with the flea medicine on your pets for a while just in case a few bugs are still hoppin around.good luck!
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:16 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• ammonia on the floors (mop) with it-they will flee!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We got rid of fleas using Advantage (a drop on the animal's neck.) We also had an exterminator in since the fleas were out of control and our own spraying didn't work. The exterminator sprayed along the walls, including the basement. He warned us that flea eggs continue to hatch for two weeks, but that the residual spray (harmless to pets and children) would take care of it. We no longer have fleas, and haven't used Advantage for 8 or more years. We still have the place exterminated, though, for silverfish, centipedes, wolf spiders, termites, so I suspect any fleas brought in on shoes, which can happen, don't get a start.

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• first spray it down couches, rugs, ect... was sheets, blankets....
    then get a flea bomb for everyroom......
    also there's a flea powder you can use for the carpet to kill them...
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 10:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We used the Dawn dish soap to wash our cat in. Then I put very small bowls of Dawn dish soap and water in every room. It took care of the problem really quick.
    Once our cat turned 6 months old, I put Front Line flea drops on her. I do that every 3 months now. I haven't had a problem since then.
    Good Luck!
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009