hospital taking baby away because of thc level

i have a friend who is 39 weeks,she is constantly surrounded by people smoking weed.people in her house as well as in her building and neighborhood.theres nowhere around where she lives that no1 smokes weed.you come out the building and your walking through a cloud of smoke.shes scared that the hospital will take away her baby from her being surrounded by it and it might make it seem like she smokes it if they run test..will they or will they be able to see that she desnt smoke it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow....

crappy living conditions doesnt mean a horrible mother...and I would like to add
    THC will barely show up if it was second hand, The baby should have none in its system, that is if she didnt smoke it herself.

and no they will not take away they baby for that, they will contact CPS, if there is any traces, which means they have to suspect drugs in the babies system since its not routine to check, and CPS will help the mother out of those conditions, they will not take away her baby, and if she is completly worried she need to start drinking water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• from the sound of it she smokes weed. and she or YOU are worried that when you deliver you will get your baby taken away.

i hope the baby is taken away. she(you) should NOT be in that area if weed is around for the sake of the baby. they CAN take the baby away if tests are ran and there is THC in her system...

HOPEFULLY a lesson is learned
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Obviously she does or she wouldn't be worried. Poor baby will be living in those conditions. And, yes they can tell and cps can take the baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• they never tested me. My friends told the drs they smoked and they still have their baby. Because she is breathing it, she would fail a test. It might be lighter but will still show. As far as taking the baby, I think it varies from state to state, hospital to hospital. A person I know smoked weed her entire pregnancy and had her baby at a mil hospital and they never took it from her.
    If she is using any other drug, they will take the baby without a doubt! Babies born from mothers who did coc or meth have dependency issues, marijuana babies do not and you can't tell that baby from a "healthy" baby. It really depends on her hospital and if they suspect any drug usage.
    Anonymous

• they will not take a baby away for a thc level, but if she's not smoking it should be inconclusive or very low. There should only be a high level if she actually puts her lips to the joint/bong/pipe/blunt and inhales
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• she doesnt smoke weed.she stopped as soon as she found out she was pregnantand if it was me i would say it i did write it anonymously.and the area she lives is bad people smoke weed in the hallway,in the lobby, in the staircases, its really hard to avoid areas where people smoke.smh at people like you who have to make there dumb little accusations and i bet you something bad will happen to you for wishing that some1 elses kids get taken away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• They dont take the baby
    THC isnt as harmful as other drugs, and I only know this because my aunts friend had freakin coke in her babies system when she was born and a week later she got to leave the hospital with her baby
    Anonymous

• i bet something good will happen to me for hoping a poor innocent baby is taken away from a horrible mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• if they take away for THC they would take away for NICOTENE sp?
    lol
    THC has the least effects on a baby...I know I studied this until I changed my major
    Anonymous

• thanx to the moms who werent bitches.your appreciated!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2009