Which would you do?

I was doing my baby registry today and realized none of the items my DH and I like were at our local store. And we dont expect people to travel to get them, and more probably wont order online. So my question is, would you just settle for things in the store or would you register for the items online? I know both our families and if they are in the store they will buy them, but if not they will just get what they want mostly being clothes and blankets.
I know some people say not to be picky...I KNOW!!! Im just curious is you would just buy the bigger items your self or settle for different ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what items?? like stroller crib etc? those are usually the items you WANT a certain style design etc... if it is big items i wouldnt even put them on my registry....

which items do you mean?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• The bouncer, swing, things like that...
    The highest priced item on there would be $130
    we have the crib carseat ect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• oh. LOL....

i would still put it on there who knows maybe they will travel a bit further for the baby... and if not then you could always buy it you know?
    i put EVERYTHING i wanted on my registry.. did i expect all of it no not at all.. but it gave the people ideas of what to get baby and a variety
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I mixed online and in-store and it seemed to work well. As far as the pattern for your travel system, don't worry about it too much. In reality, it's easier to get the stroller you want, and a separate car seat with base because a lot of the strollers are ridiculously big and bulky and hard to push. Plus all infant car seats fit into strollers that take car seats, and it's less expensive in most cases - esp. since 1-2 people could split your stroller and another 1-2 people could split your car seat. Also don't worry about getting a second base, you rarely need it or will use it.

As for a swing, think seriously about the smaller portable swings - they are really easy to take from room to room and AWESOME when you travel. And take a look at consignment - swings, playpens/portacribs, bassinets, even boppies are SOO much cheaper than getting new and you really won't care once the baby arrives.
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would register for the things that you like online. your family and friends can always just use it as a guide and go to other stores
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2009