If your hubby had a child in this world somewhere,but no relationship would u try to find him/her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Yes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think it is up to your husband, and not up to you.

I imagine for all of these years he had the opportunity to find his child. He has his reasons he did not try

You can try and get him to see life through his sons eyes.

Do you know the reasons behind why he didn't see him for so many years.
    NatalieMyers

Answer by NatalieMyers at 3:43 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Most definately, then once we found him/her we would let them know they are welcome in the family when and if they are ready to take that step.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 3:43 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It depends on why there wasn't a relationship (If it was the mom trying to keep the kid away then i'd do everything in my power to HELP him find his kid) if it was his choice I wouldn't try to find the kid and there better be a damn good explanation as to why there is no contact or relationship.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• the last two have it! why is he not talking to the kid now is the biggest question, and depending on that answer, is where the TWO of you should go from.
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 5:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my stepmom almost didnt marry my dad bc he hadent seen me since i wsa 6. For 12 yrs i had never seen him and now we talk but its not everyday. I am happy that he is a part of my life and my kids kno him.
    monkybugmomma22

Answer by monkybugmomma22 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Nope. You can't create a relationship when there is no drive there from those responsable for it. It's up to hin, not you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Ultimately, this decision is up to your husband. You cant force him to acknowledge him/her. If he doesnt want to be a part of the childs life, then the child is better off without him. He may just end up hurting the child if he isnt there full time and only when convenient for him. If its the mother keeping him from the child, maybe you should encourage him to try and find him/her and take action to start building a relationship, so he doesnt have any regrets for not trying to fight for his rights to be a father.
    anonymous101

Answer by anonymous101 at 7:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would encourage my DH to do so. I would want to meet this child. He or She is a part of my DH and there fore a part of me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I would leave it up to him, its his fleash and blood! Dont butt in unless he wants you to! Why do you really care? the child is not yours!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2009