why are men so scared

i want the birth of my first child video taped and pix taken.and i asked my hubby to do it he said h*** no i asked why he said why would i wanna do all that and see something so big come out of a tiny hole im like that big thing your talkin about you help creat then the thing of cuteing the cord he wants the doc to do it he thinks its nasty he wants to have a chair next to me his face with my face plz help me if hes wantin face to face i may punch him for the pain

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 3:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my husband was like that too sort of. he said he wasn't going to look at anything. he was really nervous during the birth and never ate anything just stood around with his blood pressure sky high. but he did end up looking and it wasn't as scary as he thought. also he didn't want to cut the cord because he was afraid it would hurt us. that didn't hurt my feelings at all though.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• not all men are scared my husband was so facinated he couldnt even coach me lol, my MIL had to lol. Your man may hell no but when your in labor it may actually be a different story
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:20 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I know that some men have active imaginations or photo memories and so that makes seeing it once have them see it any time they try to go down there. One reason my SO will NOT be looking down there while i'm pushing. A lot of men are scared to see the women they love in pain and that can make it hard for them to be able to do anything else but sit and just look at you. As far as the cutting the cord I know plenty of dads that say they would rather the doctor do it so they don't feel like they are hurting you or the baby. And for the pictures you should check with the hospital you are going to deliver at cause they may not let you film it or take pictures until after the baby is out. If you are able to and it's that important then see if you can have someone else do it and make hubby coach you. then you are both in the video
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 3:34 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• first of all u need to find out the policies at the hospital. most will not allow you to tape or take pics during the birth. now my dh coach me and watched my daughter come out. he said t was the the most discusting thing he ever saw, when i had my second he was by my side coaching me and he was holding my leg but he looked down once when ds head came out.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• piwife i havenever heard of a hospital banning cameras! thats just crazyness.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Not all men are scared. Don't be so hard on him, this is new territory for him and he evidentally doesn't understand how things work. He may be totally different when you get in there. But just like you expect people to respect your wishes, you need to respect his. He may not have the stomach to handle the blood and fluids, etc that abound during a birth, or it may just freak him out that there isnt anything he can do but watch. Just give the guy a break.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My husband kept telling me he would come in the room to support me, but he didn't want to see anything down there! When it came time for the actual pushing, the doctor said he can see the baby had hair and that was it, my husband pretty much delivered my baby lol! So he actually might change his mind when it comes down to actually delivering the baby!
    mommyamber2009

Answer by mommyamber2009 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009