I wanted to know if anyone has this problem. When I shampoo and condition my hair, little balls of rolled up hair shed. What does this mean? I know that we lose hair everyday but not like this. There are about 10 to 15 balls of little hair that comes out. Help!!

Feffy

Asked by Feffy at 3:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Is your hair getting thinner over time? If it's not, it's probably just normal hair shedding. We lose 50-100 hairs a day. That's 350-700 a week. If you're doing a weekly shampoo and conditioner, your loosened hairs may be mostly coming out during that, and that would be hundreds of hairs at once. Ask your hairdresser at your next appointment if the amount of hair that comes out seems normal to her. She'd certainly know.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• if u have just had a baby in the last two years that can cause hair lose, as well as the depo shot.. and a few other medications.. I had that issue with the depo shot.. uless ur going bald i wouldnt worry to much
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2009