what would you do with a roomate that comes and goes as she pleases?

She isnt paying half on all of the bills. just a flat amount which is EXTREMELY cheap. she invites anyone over she pleases and she just comes and goes as she pleases. shell be gone for days and suddenly pop back in for a night then leave again and pop back in....

she smokes weed in her room and we've told her not to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well its her life, honestly....you have no control over her comings and goings, but as for smoking weed in the house, I would think you should have control over that and put her out especially if there are children involved !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• #1: She is a ROOMMATE why can't she come and go as she pleases?! She is not your child.
    #2: Tell her the next time you smell pot then you are gonna ask her to leave.

But, she is a adult so yes she can come and go as she pleases thats why shes call a roommate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• the problem is she doesnt have a key because GOD knows why? idk

we gave her one and she lost it so its up to her to make a new one.

anyway, she will come home at random times and wake the whole house up pounding on the door. she walked into my room last night when they door was shut and i had just stepped out of the shower and was naked and she just stayed there until i yelled to GET OUT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Have her make anoyher key and if she loses it then thats on her. If the house is sleeping then you and no one else in the house will open the door up for her. If i was you I would KICK HER ASS OUT... No one just walks into my bedroom and just stands there that's bull shit. Get her out of your house no matter if she's a good friend or not she sucks as a roommate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• its my DHs sister.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I charge my son rent - it's extremely cheap too - but part of him paying rent is that he gets treated like an adult and part of that is that we don't impose a curfew on him. He wanted to move back home - BUT he didn't want to it to be "I'm coming home as your kid living at home" - so to get the freedoms he wants - he pays rent. I'd say mind your own business about her comings and goings.
    NOW - the pot thing is different. Her not smoking it in the house is something that I would insist on - and that would be a reasonable request. The stuff stinks up the whole place. And the return air vents for your apartment don't cycle all the rooms in the place but hers - if she's smoking it in there - it's being distributed throughout the house. Ask her again to stop. If she doesn't then refuse to take her rent next time and give her 30 days to find a new place (in writing). (IF she's on the lease it's harder though.)
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Shouldn't her being gone for days pretty much offset the cost of the utility bills. If she's not there then she isn't using them as much. You need to tell her to get a key or heck just make her one to save your sleep.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 5:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• she is spending the bill money on drugs. you gotta move or she does.
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 6:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• The word roommate takes on a whole new meaning when it is one of your or your husbands siblings. You need to let her know that her actions are bad and that if not changed, she will need to find another place to crash.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Tell her if she is going to be doing drugs in the house you share with your child that you will call the police and have her forcefully removed the next time you smell it or see it! You need to lay down the law and let her know if she can't keep up with her key (and if she is that irresponsible with it, I don't know that I'd give her another one either--who knows where she'd lose it or who she would give it to) but tell her if she isn't home by an hour you set for her then she is just out for another night. Inform her she is NOT going to wake up the entire household to include your children simply because she can't get home at a decent hour or be responsible enough to safeguard the house key. Sounds to me as if your DH needs to have a sibling chat with her and if he refuses, remind him which one of you he sleeps with!! That is ridiculous! But she'll keep doing it as long as you keep letting her get away with doing it!

SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 7:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2009