he just won't listen!!

i try to be lenient with my son and try to only punish him for big things. but sometimes he starts screaming and won't stop unless i yell at him. i've tried saying "please don't yell" and "oww! when you yell it hurts my ears!" but he won't listen unless i yell. why is this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good question hun, wish I could answer it for you :) Good Luck though.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:34 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Since it sounds like you don't yell very often, when you do it is grabbing his attention, and diverting it from his tantrum. If you do not want to have to yell, you will have to try to come up with something else that works. Actually, sometimes one of the best things is to try whispering, since it has the same affect. However, if you only yell when it is something important, like he is going to get hurt, then by all means, yell to get his attention.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I agree with kiki2780.
    youngmomma711

Answer by youngmomma711 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 23, 2009