Kicking~

I saw someone else post on other people being able to feel movement. I am going to be exactly 18 weeks on wednesday and have yet to feel anything so far, let alone having my bf feel anything from the outside. I feel pain sometimes which I was told by my doc was round ligament.
Should I be worried if I'm not feeling anything yet?
My last doc visit was on the 12th, and I heard the heart beat which was normal.
My next apt is on the 26th... So I'll be asking about it but I would like to know what you think. This is my first.
Thanks you :)

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 4:37 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OH..HUN YOU DONT HAVE MUCH LONGER. WITH MY FIRST IT TOOK ME ALITTLE WHILE TO FEEL THE BABY MOVE. WHEN I FIRST REALLY STARTED TO FEEL HIM I WAS ABOUT 24 WEEKS. WITH THIS ONE I STARTED 14 WEEKS BEING ABLE TO FEEL HIM INSIDE BY 19 WEEKS FEELING AND SEEING THE BABY KICK FROM THE OUTSIDE AND NOW THAT IM 23 WEEKS WOW..HE DOESNT STOP MOVING AS YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE IM STILL UP AT ALMOST 5 AM LOL. IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR BODY. EVERYONE IS DIFFRENT. NO WORRY YOU WILL FEEL THE BABY PRETTY SOON NOW.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:43 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• For me you couldn't feel him from the outside until about 23weeks. I felt him internally around 14-16weeks though, but very VERY seldom. I was told, especially with your first, it can take until 18-20weeks to feel internal movements. Enjoy the little ones though...because now at 30weeks he HURTS when he kicks LOL.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I didn't feel her till I was about 22 weeks. If this is your first its kind of hard to tell what your looking for. You won't feel straight up kicks for a bit. More like bubbles popping in your belly. Your peanut is pretty small hunny. Don't worry a couple more weeks and they'll be kicking your lungs it will take you breath away.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I am 16weeks and I think I've felt the baby move once. It kind of flicked me once. I have not felt anything since. I was told it would take a few more weeks to feel anything since this is the 1st pregnancy.
    RaRa921

Answer by RaRa921 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2009