formula boost?

is it ok if at 2 months i put a tsp. of pablum in my dd's formula at night ? or in the morning to fill her up better?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 9:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ABSOLUTELY NOT! She is barely a month old and no solids should be started til 4 months as the minimum. Cereal in a bottle is dangerous unless theres a medical condition like aspiration or reflux that makes it a necessity. Also its a myth that cereal makes them sleep longer, in fact it can cause overeatting or severe undereatting depending on the child. Babies will sleep when they sleep...try to play with her during the day and keep her awake more during the day and make sure she feeds every 2 hours and you will have a baby that sleeps better at night.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i was just asking because my elderly aunt suggested it,and i didn't know if it would be safe or not to do.
    she's been doing it with her grandson and he's just about 4 months now, been doing it since he was 1 month
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 9:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Look, some people do cereal from 6 weeks. Some would try to claim that thats serious enough to call CPS lol. Go on your gut. If you make that bottle too thick to the point you have to cut the nipple its too much, If in your gut you want to try it to see, then try it. Its YOUR CHILD. Most say its a no no. If shes not eating to much, i wouldnt do it yet. I gave my son cereal when he started going through too much formula a day!!! GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2009