Is it me or does Obama take a lot of vacations???

Dang this has to be 8 or0 9 vacation since last year. They sure love to take vacations.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It has not been that many. Bush spent more time in Tx than he did in Washington.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• He has been on a lot. Not as much as Bush. Everytime u turn around he's on vacation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• They don't get vacations from the office. The office goes with them wherever they go.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Ok, to start with, Bush was in the WH for 8 years. It is impossible for BO to have taken the "vacations" that Bush took. He's only been there for 7 months. Next, the time Bush spent in TX was working. He held meetings there just like LBJ and Reagan did. Finally, I just don't think the POTUS should take a family vacation on the expense of the government. Go to Camp David. That is what we have it for. There are too many important issues facing us that needs handling now for him to go to the beach and sight seeing with his family. He is the president - act like it. Most people don't get a paid vacation until they have worked for 1 full year unless you are of the elite class that is.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I actually agree with Carpy. They don't get to take "vacations". They work all the time, no matter where they go.

Another thing to consider is how long these vacations are. Plus, the girls will be back in school soon and it will be harder to go anywhere as a family.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• That's crap that 8 or 9 vacations in 7 months of his presidency is not much? Who gets to take vacations like that? oh Obama can! And he puts the tab on us American people, who can even take a vacation anymore........and I guess its okay for Obama to have lobster flown in to, if he wants it.

"He is the president - act like it. Most people don't get a paid vacation until they have worked for 1 full year unless you are of the elite class that is. "

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• They do get vacations.....this is a vacation. Sorry on this one, but I don't feel sorry for Obama if the work follows him around. I do not plan to sugar coat his vacations, they are what they are a vacation that our tax dollars pay for.

And some of us do not even get to have one vacation this year.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• jesse
    President is not using tax payers money. He is using his own money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• jesse
    President is not using tax payers money. He is using his own money

Its still a HUGE expense on the taxpayer.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We were at war (one by his own doing) for most of Bush's time as President and he spent more time on vacation than any other President. How much do you think that racked up in tax payer expense, to be the most vacationing President in history. I think he was on vacation when he paid no attention to the memo about Bin Laden's plan to attack the US using our own planes. Obama has taken very few vacations in comparison.

Also, who says he's not working? If Bush could work while at his ranch, I don't see how Obama is any different.

Stop nitpicking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2009