Pregnancy Positions

Hi my name is Jessica. This is my first baby and I was just wondering one thing. Does it effect the baby if you sleep on your side ? During the first part of my pregnancy I would lay on my side and she would kick me until I turned on my back. But now she doesn't do it anymore. So I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about that. Thanks.

lilchickynluv

Asked by lilchickynluv at 9:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you're supposed to lay on your side...the left side is best though, do not lay on your back, it can cut off the circulation of blood to the baby GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• They say to lay on your left side...it helps with heart rate and your breathing. If you wake up and you are on your back don't panic the baby is fine. If you can not lay on your side because it is not comfortable, prop yourself up on your back with a few pillows so you are angled and not laying flat.
    Bhall4484

Answer by Bhall4484 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• well i havent been able to lay on my left side for most if not all of my pregnancy couldnt breath on that side so i would either be on my right side or my back and if you can lay on your back and you feel comfortable it's fine you will know if you cant lay that way so just lay any way you can get comfortable god knows how hard it is!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• They say the after 28 weeks your suppose to try not lay on your back but on your left side because of the heart rate and easier to breathe. The reason why they don't want you to lay on your back is because the bigger the baby gets it could lay on one of your main veins and make you lose sensation in your legs and make you dizzy and reduce the babies heart rate. I have problems laying on my side so I have a whole mess of pillows lmao. I got 2 under my head, 1 under my stomach, two between my legs and 2 behind me to help me not roll over ^_^ but it still happeneds sometimes. And don't forget they also the further along you get want you to put pillows between your legs and don't rest the one leg on the other even with the pillows because it prohibits blood flow to the one leg and the pillows help your pelvis stay separated so you don't have as much pain when you first wake up ^_^ Good luck.
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009