Diaper Rash...

Okay my son has been sick off and on pretty bad for about two weeks, went from the "flu" to i dont know what. But the pedi gave him a series of two shots i think it was rosefin..strong antibiotic.

Well for the last three days my son has had the reddest bottom, and its spreading. It looks sooo sore. I put diaper rash cream on it (which used to clear up a pink bottom after one time use) but ive used it for two days now and NOTHING. So is this a sign of yeast infection, or something worse than regular run of the mill diaper rash!? Could it be a reaction from the meds. He got a shot wednesday and thursday. NOTHING friday.

HELP PLEASE he is SOO miserable getting his diaper change, he screams bloody murder!!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aww poor baby! when my son has bad diaper rash I wipe his bottom with a warm/wet washcloth instead of the wipes which could irritate it more. I also let him run around naked. at bathtime I pour oatmeal in a sock, crush it and tie it up and let it soak in the warm bath water. the oatmeal bath seems to work everytime. I've noticed improvement overnight!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• use a warm wash rag to wipe his bottom,and dont put nothing on it,let him air out,my little one had a rash so bad once her bottom was bleeding,and i went threw so many baby blankets becouse i let her go all day and night for 2 days with out a dipar.mabe put a diapar under him but let him air it out.sometimes creams make it worse,when its like that
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Could be the meds, and some rashes last longer than others also. Use A&D Ointment, (diaper rash creme) it's really good. Use that every time you change him. Give him warm soak baths evryday till rash is gone, if nothing helps take him to the doctor. GoodLuck I know this hurts the both of you.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Leave him nakie!!

Anytime my daughter gets a bad diaper rash (usually after eating acidic foods such as tomatoes/sauce, oranges, etc.) we let her run around nakie.

When she was smaller (pre-crawling) we would put a garbage bag down and lay a towel over top and let her lay on that (obviously changing the towel when it became soiled) and when she started to crawl we would let her be nakie in the kitchen so it was an easy clean-up.

She walks now (since 10 months) but we moved to a house with hardwood floors, so its still an easy clean up I just try to confine her to the living room if she needs to have her butt be nakie.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2009