Do any of you read the bible daily?

Are your reading from front to back or do you pick what inspires you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We get a little booklet each month that lists daily readings and that's the minimum we do, sometimes we do other readings on our own if something comes up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I read it every day. I used to just hop around and read one book at a time. Then I found a Chronological Bible and I read that for a few years; it puts the whole Bible in chronological order so it reads more like a novel, and it is broken into daily readings.

But now I read a One Year Bible, and I personally like it better than the chronological Bible. It has a daily reading from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs (each day takes about 15 minutes). I love it; there is something that God speaks to me everyday!

If you are interested in having a reading plan you can go to www.oneyearbible.org or buy a daily reading Bible at a Christian bookstore or online. I prefer the One Year Bible in the NLT for my devotions.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I know the church my youngest was baptized in is doing a thing of reading the Bible in a year. However, I am not doing it. I only crack my Bible open when I have to for class.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes, I do.

Cin, you'll have to tell me what Chronological Bible that is and where you got it! :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2009