Help with a daily bible verse please?

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

will someone help me understand what this means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What do you think it means, what is God showing you about this verse? To me it means don't take your days for granted, we don't know how many we have. Hope this helps
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Psalm 39:4 is a great cross reference to that verse! It might help you understand it better : )Sometimes it helps to look at the verse in different translations. Here it is in the NLT "LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away." and here in the NIV "Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life." (The NLT is very easy to understand).

And it also helps when you look at the surrounding verses. The next verse "My life is no longer than the width of my hand. An entire lifetime is just a moment to you; human existence is but a breath."(v.5).

The point is that our lives are short. By asking God to teach us to number our days, we are asking Him to give us the wisdom to make all of our moments here count, so we live with no regrets.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2009