What does faith mean to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• faith to me, is the belief in something that you have little to no person experience in, and can find to logical scientific proof for, but you still belief in it. Ex. I believe people that say we were made (by we I mean or planet, us and everything on it) were 100% creator, and no evolution or any other similar factor played a role. That is something I would call, relying on faith.

I'm not saying faith is wrong, but a majority of the time, scientific findings and evidence tend to theorize against it.

I know a lot of people share different ideas of what faith is, but that's what faith means to me. Beliefs I believe are in a different category. They are based on the mixture of things such as upbringing, personal experience, faith, and evidence.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• sorry, I meant to say CAN NOT find logical scientific proof for. typo*
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Believing in something you can't see or prove beyond any shadow of a doubt.

IE, faith in a higher power.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1. To me, faith is believing in God, even though I don't see Him. I don't have to "see" God to SEE GOD! Every morning I wake up breathing,and look in a mirror, I see God. Everytime I look at the man God set apart for me,and blessed my life with, I see God. Every time I look at my children and grandchildren's faces, I see God. Every time I walk across a room without pain, or a walker, I see God. Every time I go outside,and see the world He created for my pleasure, I see God. Everytime I pick up His word, and read what He gave me to live my life by, I see God. I have total faith in Him,and what He does in my life,and the words He gave me to live by. Just because I can't see Him, doesn't mean He's not real. I can't see Oxygen,either, but I know it's there, I and believe it will always be.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• To me, faith is belief in something that you know in your mind cannot be truth. The concept of god is sustained by faith, even created by it. Truth is the enemy of faith, because once it is seen, you can never go back to believing ever again.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009