any suggestions????

My husband wore one of his favorite shirts to play basketball the other day and now i can't seem to get the B.O. smell out of it. I've washed it 3 time now and each time it smells the same ( or at least I don't notice a difference.) does anyone have any suggestions on how to get that smell out??? Your thoughts would be much apprieciated!! thanks :)

AshleyG.

Asked by AshleyG. at 11:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Add 1 cup vinegar to the wash water along with the laundry soap and run a regular load of clothes through it. I use it on musty towels, BO saturated shirts and urine smelling items. Works, EVERY time!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Might be weird but I will wash sweaty stuff with body wash then wash again with detergent.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I use oxyclean to take out the stains and the smells. Soak for as long as you need to with oxyclean and water. There is no bleach in it so it does not damage the clothes. THen wash as normal.
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 2:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I usually just add a cup of baking soda to my wash load, let soak for an hour, then wash as usual with detergent. The baking soda absorbs the odors and doing this has never failed to work yet; this is how I get our camping gear clean smelling.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009