What gives you the right?

I am so sick of the socialist comments about hating any industry that turns a profit (by the way, this is a huge part of our economy, it starts to sound like you want the USA to fail if you want this health care). But I digress.

My question is: What gives you the right to someone else's knowledge and skill without having to compensate them so as to provide them with a living commensurate with their skill level?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why, you don't have to use insurance. You can still self pay at the Dr.'s office and many times they will charge you less than they would charge insurance

***

THAT"S just it...they don't WANT to pay ANYTHING....it's the entitlement and immediate gratification generations rearing their ugly heads!

"I want, I need, I have to have...." Without working for it!

My husband and I pay over $10,000 a year OUT OF POCKET--not because we don't have insurance we subscribe to TWO insurers, it's that Autism therapies (conventional, non-invasive) are not considered a disability "worthy" of coverage. So, because we don't let insurers dictate what our children get in terms of beneficial therapies, we do without so our children get what they need.

AND, when we DO pay out of pocket we DO get reduced rates...which is why it ONLY costs us a little over $10,000 per year!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• When insurance companies became GREEDY THIEVES..... it gave me the right!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Why, you don't have to use insurance. You can still self pay at the Dr.'s office and many times they will charge you less than they would charge insurance (because insurance disallows so much). If insurance is the culprit, don't use it and self pay. Don't change a whole system to give government more control over your life.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I work and pay my taxes. The insurance company has no right to drop me when my family gets sick.
    OP you are one of those people who WILL NOT understand until it happens to YOU!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• They aren't smart enough to think things thru. Thats what makes them think they have the right.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Doctor visits are NOT the problem. Do you have ANY idea what just one week in the hospital causes. Sometimes it more than I paid for my house!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Some of you need to GET SICK!
    Insurance companies taps on the amount they will pay for an illiness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Same thing that gives me the right to ask the government to break apart AT&T b/c they have a monopoly (years ago) and are gauging us and taking advantage.

Insurance companies only accepting healthy people, dropping us when we get sick, making premiums so high we can't afford it are using a form of price gauging.

Yes, I can pay cash for my regular dr appts, but if something serious happens, I can't pay cash for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• You know those people who are over there fighting and dieing every day? They gave me the right.
    Anonymous

• Is this anon Nancy Pelosi again. You really should just go away.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2009