Advice about my MIL???Shes Crazy

My boyfriend's mom is driving my crazy. My bf and I arent married yet but we have a 1.5 yr old son together. we live together. I am going to school at night for nursing and currently not working. My bf works 6am-2pm m-f. me and his mom have been VERY rocky from the start and some eveents happened to where my parents REFUSE to be in the same room as her for any reason. She has been saying some very mean things about it lately to my bf, and they have been fighting about it. (manipulative, selfish, etc). I want this to end. despite my efforts to resolve this she igrnoes me. what should i do? Bf's StepSis is getting married next month and i am on the invite, should I go? I dont know what to do? confront her?email? what? This is so unhealthy and Im too old for this so I KNOW she is...lol HELLPPP

sweetdreams1013

Asked by sweetdreams1013 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• If she were on CM asking a question would she say the same thing about you? Put yourself in her shoes. Do you go to the wedding? It's not the mom's wedding so why punish the bride by not going? You want to be a nurse and you can't make simple decisions like this? Nurses have to deal with a lot of people in pain who can be unreasonable and even combatlve. Figure it out now before you get a job and life hits you with real problems
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Go to the wedding and try to be civil. Even if she causes problems, it will be her that is acting like and ass and not you, and people WILL see that. Like Anon said, why punish the bride by not going when it isn't her you have a problem with?

In the future, just avoid your MIL as much as you can. Don't call her or go to her home unless she calls you or invites you. It sounds as though she is just full of drama and the less contact, the better. Of course let your son see his grandmother if/when she asks, but don't offer. This is what I had to do and after 6 months of realizing that she was driving her only family away, my MIL calmed down a bit.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I am asking for compassionate genuine advice. YOU Are combative and rude and nothing you said helped, should have not written anything. She has been OUTWARDLY mean and nasty to me for TWO Years. my grandparents visited from iran when my son was born and she CALLED thm terrorists to their face. AND she was horribly mean to my mom. AND She came and stayed at our house for 9 days without my consent and my bf couldnt send her away she had no where else to go. she forgot my medication when i had my csection and freaked when i asked her to get it. she used my car witrhout telling me at that time. she deliberately leaves me out of things when she used to invite me. So please get the full story b4 you sound off.
    sweetdreams1013

Answer by sweetdreams1013 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• IMO, you need to confront her and let her know that if she doesnt come up with a way for the two of you to get along, and for her to start behaving like a sane person, then she will no longer be welcome in your life. Its a hard conversation to have, it takes a lot of nerve to even start the convo...but if you wont stick up for yourself... who will?
    jenmay44me

Answer by jenmay44me at 12:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• LOL. Maybe she is thinking you are crazy too. It takes two to fight. Maybe the fact that you aren't married and have a child is annoying to her. It would be annoying to ME. Think about it. Maybe you ALL need counseling. Big time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2009